Yoga not only harmonises and integrates body and mind, it allows the body to heal itself by harnessing the inner wisdom of the cells. In this sense, Yoga and Yoga Therapy are the same: Yoga Therapy applies yogic techniques to restore balance in an individual, and to help manage a specific disease or condition.
Yoga Therapy can assist in a wide range of ailments and diseases, including amongst others:
- stress, anxiety and depression;
- back pain, sciatica, spondylitis, osteoporosis, and arthritis;
- IBS, constipation, indigestion, ulcers, diabetes and obesity;
- common cold, asthma, sinusitis and hay fever;
- menstrual disorders, urogenital infections and disorders, prostate problems, kidney stones and prolapse;
- hypertension, varicose veins and circulatory disorders;
- thyroid disorders;
- the management of cancer.
Each Yoga Therapy programme is a personalised and short daily routine that will regularly be modified as the body heals. The first session lasts for about 45 minutes, and includes an intake interview to learn more about your condition and needs. The follow up sessions take between 20 up to 30 minutes. A typical programme will include six visits spread out over three months.
If you would like to know more about how yoga therapy can help you, get in touch.